Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This apples are wonderful served with baked beans. We eat them year round.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch rings
- oil (for deep frying)
- confectioners' sugar
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour eggs,syrup and buttermilk.
- Dip apple rings on both sides into the batter.
- Deep fry.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and ENJOY!
Taking a hint from your previous reviewer,I did add some sugar to my batter,and my apples were also red delicious,but they were pretty sweet,so I think these turned out wonderful. Thanks,Darlene
I tried these apples for dinner, tonight. They were very good. I used delicious apples, but they were not very sweet. I think next time I make them, I am going to add a little bit of sugar to the batter. Other than that, they were good. Thanks, for posting. Bjtaillights.