Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
Here is a quick and delicious side dish to enjoy with numerous main dishes. My kids love these as is, but for anyone who has to have a marshmallow topping, just add a few mini ones on top of the patties after you remove them from the pan. Enjoy.
- 8 sweet potatoes, patties (usually found near frozen vegetables)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a nonstick skillet melt butter on medium heat.
- Add patties and sprinkle tops with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- When patties start to sizzle turn them over and sprinkle other side.
- Let patties cook on each side until a nice crispy crust forms (usually 2-3 minutes on each side).
This was a nice change from regular baked sweet potatoes. We don't have these frozen in patties out here so I had to make my own by just boiling some peeled potatoes and then mashing them and forming into patties. I had trouble getting them to hold together so next time I would add an egg white or two for binding. I pan fried them in the butter and added the brown sugar and cinnamon. We liked them, but I found them kinda sweet for a side dish. I would have prefered to leave off the sugar.