Recipe by Karen=^..^=
These delicious nuts are such a sweet crunchy treat. Great for parties or late night munchies. Makes enough to keep a bit around for another day :)
Top Review by RebelScum
I didn't have the spices listed on hand, so I substituted 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice. I also added about 1 tsp vanilla. I liked the changes so much I probably won't bother with the original recipe and make it this way in the future!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together everything but nuts.
- Add the nuts and stir until coated well.
- Spread evenly onto a greased cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Spread out on waxed paper to cool.
- Store in a zipper bag or airtight container.