Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
These delicious nuts are such a sweet crunchy treat. Great for parties or late night munchies. Makes enough to keep a bit around for another day :)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together everything but nuts.
- Add the nuts and stir until coated well.
- Spread evenly onto a greased cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Spread out on waxed paper to cool.
- Store in a zipper bag or airtight container.
Great snack. Quick & easy to put together, everybody loved them. I used a small bit of pumpkin pie spice instead of cloves, since thats what I had on hand...
I didn't have the spices listed on hand, so I substituted 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice. I also added about 1 tsp vanilla. I liked the changes so much I probably won't bother with the original recipe and make it this way in the future!
Delish!!!! I made these for my "Bunko Babes" and they were a real hit.I thought the recipe was very clear and easy to follow,so I will make them again.I'm more of a pecan lover so I might omit the almonds next time.I added a light sprinkle of salt when they came out of the oven,just because I really love sweet and salty together.Thanx Karen for a very good recipe!!!