Prep 5 mins
Cook 16 mins
This was adapted from the show 30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray. So tasty! A must try!
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (or your choice steak seasoning)
- 6 sirloin steaks (1-inch to 1 1/2-inch thick)
- cooking spray
- Heat grill or grill pan to high.
- Mix sugar and steak seasoning. Pat steaks till dry. Coat completely on both sides with sugar and spice blend.
- Spray grill or grill pan and cook steaks 10-16 minutes, medium rare to medium well doneness. Let stand 5 minutes for juices to settle and serve. Enjoy!
I made it only for me and I loved. I liked the sweet taste and the spices from the montreal steak seasoning. Thanks Sharon :) Made for your win in Tic Tac Toe
I made adjustments to make 1 thick sirloin large enough for 2 servings and this turned out delicious - so tender, juicy and thoroughly enjoyed! Made for Sharon's cookathon in memory of DH Jim.
Loved it!! I did do it a little different then the directions stated, in that, I made the rub and put it on the ribeye (which is what I used) and then let the steak marinade in it in fridge for about an hour and then brought it out to let it get to room temperature. I think this allows for the flavors from the brown sugar and Montreal Steak Seasoning to permeate the steak. I then cooked it over charcoal, but I may have not waited long enough for the coals to mellow before adding the meat, but could have also been the brown sugar that caused my steak to flair up and charred the outside more than I would have like for a photo, therefore I didn't add my photo. I actually used to get a steak with very similar flavors in Ohio, it is a mix of somewhat sweet, but the steak seasoning mellows out some of the sweetness and it is a nice combination of flavors!! My steak, although not looking well for a photo, was done to my liking (medium/medium well). I will definitely make this again, maybe even with the same charring, just loved it!! Made for the cook-a-thon in memory of Sharon's DH!!