Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from "Ambrosia". This is a cookbook from Vicksburg, MS.
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pecan halves
- Whisk together egg whites and water.
- Add sugar, salt, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Whisk to blend well.
- Add the pecans to the egg white mixture, stirring to coat all of the pecans.
- Spread on a cookie sheet that has edges.
- Bake at 325 degrees until the pecans are crispy, about 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Spread onto waxed paper that has been placed over newspaper.
- Let cool.
- Store in an airtight container.