Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sweet peanut treats courtesy of Polly Hall from the Taste of Home Magazine, April/May 2008.
- In a heavy sauce pan, combine the peanuts, sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil: cook until syrup has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Spread peanuts in a single layer in a 15x10x1 in baking pan; sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until dry and lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
These are really addictive! As soon as they were cool enough to touch, I started munching, and could have eaten the entire tray! I pulled mine after 30 minutes when they had a nice, golden brown color but were still a little sticky- they dried out nicely as they cooled. I'd love to try this with some cinnamon or nutmeg mixed into the sugar, like the nuts you can get at the fair. Great recipe, thanks for posting!
Oh my, these are good! I made a smaller batch to try and I loved them so much that they are going to go onto my holiday goodie gift trays! I did not have unsalted peanuts, so I used salted peanuts and omitted the salt. I am addicted to the sweet, salty goodness! Entirely too easy to snack on! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!