I first tasted these light, crunchy, twist on grapes at a Mother/Daughter Tea. They are absolutely wonderful and they make very pretty garnishes!
- For one regular size bunch of grapes, 2 egg whites.
- Brush grapes with egg whites and then sprinkle sugar to TOTALY cover grapes.
- Freeze until needed the day of.
- This makes a very pretty garnish that's REALLY yummmy!
- The crystallized sugar makes the grapes crunchy and sweet!
An interesting concept enjoyed by our guest. A whole bunch disapeared somewhat rapidly. I will also try alternative coatings such as sour cream as well as different sugars.
Made these gorgeous grapes to place next to Mizz Nezz's Very Chocolate Cheesecake. They made for a beautiful presentation and tasted wonderful! My sister couldn't stop eating them and neither could I. Thanks for posting... these will be adorning many of my desserts in the future.
These are really good and look awesome on the table! Great Recipe! I used three different color grapes and all three shades were beautiful with the sugar glaze! I also sugared a bunch and attatched it to a candle stick holder and tied a ribbon around it... it looked great as a center piece!