Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is french toast sprinkled with sugar instead of syrup. My dad had his mom make this for him everyday and I love it too! It's very simple and can be customized.
- Allow bread to sit out while mixing (bread is better a bit stale than fresh).
- Whisk eggs, continue whisking while adding milk, vanilla and your desired amount of cinnamon.
- Dip bread in mix and flip.
- Place bread on greased frying pan or skillet (medium heat).
- Flip after browned (like grilled cheese).
- Toast is done when no longer saturated with mixture.
- Butter toast (like waffles or pancakes) and sprinkle desired amount(s) of sugar (not syrup.trust me, you'll be hooked!).
I was looking for a simple, but great. recipe for French Toast. This recipe fits the bill. Great as is, and even better with Apple Butter Jelly. Thanks for the great recipe.