Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tastes like a sugared doughnut... in form of a muffin.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Lightly grease a muffin tins with shortening, butter, or spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color.
- Add vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla and almond extract to sugar mixute and combine.
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cardamom.
- Then pour dry mixture into liquid mixture and stir to combine.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 2-3 minutes and remove from pan (it's ok if they're on the sides or upside down; you'll be brishing them with the sugar coating).
- For coating: Mix the melted butter, sugar and cinnamon and immediately brush over baked muffins as soon as they come out of the pan.