Prep 0 mins
Cook 23 mins
Silky vanilla custard in pastry shells with a sweet cranberry topping makes impressive tarts to serve for a yuletide buffet, a sit-down dinner finale or as addition to a sweet tray.
- 12 frozen tart shells (3-inches in diameter)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon 35% cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place prepared tart shells on baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Meanwhile, in a measuring cup with a spout or in a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, 1 cup cream, and vanilla until blended. Pour or spoon evenly into tart shells, Bake for about 20 minutes or until filling is set at the edges a slightly loose in the center.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour until chilled or for up to 1 day.
- Preheat broiler. Return tarts to baking sheet, if necessary. Combine cranberries, 1 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoons cream. Spoon even on top of tarts; sprinkle a thin layer of sugar over topping and on crust.
- Broil, rotating sheet as necessary, for about 3 minutes or until topping is bubbling and browned. Let cool for at least 5 minutes. serve warm or refrigerated for up to 4 hours.