Recipe by Debster
One of my favorites. Brings out the sweetness of the asparagus.
Top Review by Evie*
Very tasty! I used chicken stock and only had a small bunch of asparagus, but it worked fine. Love the sweet sauce and poured that over the baked chicken we had as well as the asparagus. Will make this again.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Add asparagus; saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Remove asparagus to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Cook sauce, uncovered, until reduced by half.
- Pour sauce over warmed asparagus and serve immediately.