1/2 Photos of Sugared Asparagus
One of my favorites. Brings out the sweetness of the asparagus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- 2Add asparagus; saute for 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- 5Remove asparagus to a serving dish and keep warm.
- 6Cook sauce, uncovered, until reduced by half.
- 7Pour sauce over warmed asparagus and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugared Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.4
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 259.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 6.3 g