One of my favorites. Brings out the sweetness of the asparagus.
Make and share this Sugared Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Add asparagus; saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Remove asparagus to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Cook sauce, uncovered, until reduced by half.
- Pour sauce over warmed asparagus and serve immediately.
Very tasty! I used chicken stock and only had a small bunch of asparagus, but it worked fine. Love the sweet sauce and poured that over the baked chicken we had as well as the asparagus. Will make this again.
Debster, this is really good. I love asparagus, but I'm not a tender crisp person I like my veggies mushy (OK I'm different) but still wonderful. Love the brown sugar. I must tell you this story. My husband will not eat anything green except green beans. He went to a dart tournament so I left supper on the stove for when he got home. Next day, he said honey the green beans were wonderful but a little soggy. He ate the rest of the pan (which was quite a bit). I got up the next day noticed the entire pan was empty, asked him did you eat all this, YES. I had to tell him it wasn't green beans but your asparagus! LOL. He won't eat it now but he sure did then (I'm pretty sure alcohol was involved ). Love this recipe thanks! -- Nina
Wow! Very good! The sugar gives the asparagus a slight sweetness that makes it excellent! My boyfriend doesn't usually like sweet with veggies but he also enjoyed it very much! We will be having again!