Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I mostly make these waffles for my kids to take to school on there birthdays, or just when I have friends coming around for a cup of coffee.
- Mix flour, sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Add butter and eggs.
- Leave to rest for minute 2 hours in the fridge.
- Put dough on the waffle maker (use two teaspoons or tablespoons according to the size of waffles you would like to make).
- Bake for a few minutes until the waffles are golden brown.
- Leave to cool. You can keep these waffles for some time in a plastic box, but couldn't tell you how long as they never last for more than 2-3 days.
Because I do not have vanilla sugar, I added about 1 tsp of vanilla powder to the flour mixture, and scaled the recipe down to 3/5. Everyone who tried the waffles absolutely LOVED them. Me... I love that they are so easy to prepare and make. I can make extra batter/dough, keep in fridge, and bake the waffles in an instant ( no thawing needed). I have already given the recipe to a friend, and am asked to make more tomorrow. Thank you for posting.
I wish I could give these waffles 10 stars!! They were sooo good... After mixing the batter I thought I had done it wrong, because it was so thick. But to my suprise and my tummy's satisfaction they came out beautiful. They were so sweet and cake like, we didn't even use syrup!! Thick and dense, yum-o!! I will be making these again and again! They would be great to use for a strawberry shortcake or any dessert for that matter!! Thanks Maite G. for an awesome recipe!! Good job!
Pretty good recipe, but I have to say that you don't need so much butter in them (at least, mine didn't). Other than that, great recipe. I had been looking for a sugar waffle recipe because I was craving Liege waffles and didn't have pearl sugar or yeast on hand, and while these aren't that close in flavour, they certainly satisfied the craving!