Recipe by MARIA MAC *
I made these for the first time the other day. Everyone loved them. I made the batter two days before I baked them and they came out great.
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first five ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl combine egg, milk & oil. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Stir in 1/2 chopped walnuts.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator up to a week.
- Note: You can bake immediately. Stir batter, grease muffin Pans, fill 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle top of batter with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake 375°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins are golden. Serve warm.