Recipe by Nikki Kate
I make these for both my father-in-laws (one step) for Christmas!!! They love them, they usually end up taking the leftover home with them. Update 4/24: I made these for my husband but instead of using Pumpkin Pie Spice I substituted Ground Cinnamon. He loved them!!
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Made these as a gift for a colleague as a change of pace from the usual cakes and cookies. Instead of canned nuts, I used a mix of pecans, almonds, Brazil nuts and cashews purchased in bulk. More economical and in my area, assures a better quality of nut. Really easy to make, these were in the oven in less than five minutes and the results were divine. Given the flavors of the pumpkin pie spice, I packaged the prepared nuts with dried cranberries. Thanks!
- 1 egg white
- 4.92 ml water
- 2 (680.38 g) can5 cups total mixed nuts
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 15*10*1-inch baking pan. Set pan aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat egg white and water till frothy.
- Add the nuts and toss to coat.
- Combine sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Sprinkle over the nuts; toss to coat.
- Spread nuts in a single layer in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly in pan.
- Transfer to waxed paper to cool.
- Break into clusters.
- Store tightly covered up to 1 week.