Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Please don't be put off by the unusual combination of spices in this recipe...they work wonderfully well together. Last year I made this and divided it up into canning jars to give as Christmas gifts...a big hit! Credit for recipe goes to Canadian Living Magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 5 cups pecan halves
- In small bowl, combine sugar with spices.
- In large bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy; stir in pecans until coated.
- Sprinkle with sugar mixture, tossing with spoon to coat nuts evenly.
- Spread on 2 lightly greased baking sheets and bake in a preheated 325F (160C) degree oven, rotating sheets half way through, for 30 minutes or until coating is crisp and nuts are fragrant.
- Let cool.
These nuts are fantastic. So easy and everyone accuses me of putting something in them that makes them addictive. Thanks for sharing. I think it is the Cayenne Pepper.
These are easy and taste great! I only used 1/4 tsp cloves.
I can't believe that no one else has tried these and written a review...I am making them for the third year in a row for xams and hostess gifts...they are superb and so very easy to make. TRY THEM...you will love them.