Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
From Southern Living Magazine. Combines the sugar snap peas and snow peas with your choice of pomegranate or cranberry juice, soy sauce, and other seasonings.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 5 oz.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh snow peas, trimmed (about 6 oz.)
- 1 cup frozen baby English pea, thawed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice (or cranberry juice)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (regular or black)
- Arrange sugar snap peas and snow peas in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge peas into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- Whisk together soy sauce and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Heat sesame seeds in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 4-5 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Add hot sesame seeds to soy sauce mixture, stirring until blended. Add sugar snap peas, snow peas, and thawed English peas, tossing gently to coat. Serve immediately.