Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
If you like snap peas you'll love this. Colorful and great tasting in no time at all!
- 1 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- salt and pepper
- non stick cooking spray
- Spray a sauté pan with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Add snap peas and water and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- The peas should be just tender with some crispness.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook until heated through, about 1 minute longer.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Stacylu, we really enjoyed these peas! I did make a few changes out of necessity. I couldn't find Sugar Snap Peas so I used Snow Peas. I cooked them in 3 TBS butter for 5 minutes, added the garlic and then the water as needed to add some moisture. Even though I used Snow Peas, the results were wonderful! So very colorful and a delightful addition to our table! I will definitely make this recipe again! Next time, I may add a little green sliced onion to the mix. Absolutely delicious! Thank you for your recipe, Stacylu!!
This is a very easy, healty, & tasty side dish for any meal! I made this to go with flank steak...YUM! One note to mention: Definitely use cherry tomatoes with this! I didn't have time to go to the store, so I chopped up a large tomato. Although still very tasty, it was rather messy & mushy that way. Also, garlic salt seemed to work well as an "on-hand" sub for fresh garlic.
This is a simple but tasty side dish! I have made it true to recipe and also made it with snow peas instead of snap peas with tomatoes and diced red bell pepper. I would agree that it is very adaptable.