Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
If you like snap peas you'll love this. Colorful and great tasting in no time at all!
Make and share this Sugar Snap Peas with Tomatoes and Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- Spray a sauté pan with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Add snap peas and water and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- The peas should be just tender with some crispness.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook until heated through, about 1 minute longer.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Stacylu, we really enjoyed these peas! I did make a few changes out of necessity. I couldn't find Sugar Snap Peas so I used Snow Peas. I cooked them in 3 TBS butter for 5 minutes, added the garlic and then the water as needed to add some moisture. Even though I used Snow Peas, the results were wonderful! So very colorful and a delightful addition to our table! I will definitely make this recipe again! Next time, I may add a little green sliced onion to the mix. Absolutely delicious! Thank you for your recipe, Stacylu!!
This is a very easy, healty, & tasty side dish for any meal! I made this to go with flank steak...YUM! One note to mention: Definitely use cherry tomatoes with this! I didn't have time to go to the store, so I chopped up a large tomato. Although still very tasty, it was rather messy & mushy that way. Also, garlic salt seemed to work well as an "on-hand" sub for fresh garlic.
This is a simple but tasty side dish! I have made it true to recipe and also made it with snow peas instead of snap peas with tomatoes and diced red bell pepper. I would agree that it is very adaptable.