Recipe by Ridgely
Sweet tender snap peas with a subtle orange sauce and cashews. Easy for every night dinner or nice enough for company. This is from the cookbook called the "The One-Armed Cook"- a cookbook geared to new moms. I am not a new mom, but I love the simplicity yet slightly gourmet touch of this book.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sugar snap peas
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sugar snap peas according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Drain and set aside in a serving dish.
- In a small saucepan over med-high heat, combine the orange juice, honey and cornstarch, stirring well to mix.
- Stir constantly for 2 to 3 minutes until thickened.
- Add orange peel and cashews, stirring well to mix.
- Pour sauce over snap peas; toss well to coat.