Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
I love peas and this fit our meal perfectly. From The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes Points 1.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sugar snap peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I used just a shake)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 lemon, cut in wedges
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add Chinese peas, season with salt and pepper.
- Stir-fry until crisp-tender, or about 3 minutes.
- Add basil and lemon zest, stir-fry until basil is wilted and fragrant.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
A quick and healthy side that is packed with flavor. I agree with sugarpea the combination of herbs and lemon juice really add to the sweetness of the peas.
For some reason these seasonings, herbs and juice make the peas taste even sweeter. Of course, basil is one of my favorites. Great way to heighten the enjoyment of garden fresh snap peas. Yum.