Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Crisp, Sweet, Smoky and Salty A great side.
- 2 lbs fresh sugar snap peas
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- fresh lemon slice
- salt and pepper, i like a lot (to season)
- Cook bacon till crisp set aside.
- In the same pan removing all grease except for a little to cover bottom saute onion, garlic and sugar.
- Add Sugar Snap Peas and broth simmer covered about 5 minutes till crisp tender stirring a couple of times.
- Meanwhile crumble the bacon.
- Place snap peas in a large dish season fresh lemon juice with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Top with bacon and serve.
- And garnish with lemon slices.
We love this dish! It fancies up dinner and the kids love it too!
This was a great vegetable dish. Unfortunately, we did not have any fresh sugar snap peas at the grocery, so I used frozen. That made for a mushier pea, but still very tasty. Next time I hope to be able to find the fresh. I will also use less garlic next time - because we just prefer less garlic flavor.
This is a great side dish! My DH loves sugar snap peas and they were even better with this special way of making them. I made exactly as stated and wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing. Made for Photo Tag.