Recipe by heather in Ont,
I love sugar snap peas and the crisp veggies in this salad. The sweetness of the ginger soy dressing adds a nice compliment. This is one of DH's favourite salads. Cook time is allowing for dressing to cool. Found this in one of my favourite magazine's "Cooking light".
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (julienne cut)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts (drained and sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper (julienne cut)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare dressing, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add ginger; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and salt, bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- To prepare salad, cook peas in boiling water 30 seconds.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine peas and remaining ingredients except sesame seeds.
- Drizzle dressing over salad; toss well.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.