Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love sugar snap peas and the crisp veggies in this salad. The sweetness of the ginger soy dressing adds a nice compliment. This is one of DH's favourite salads. Cook time is allowing for dressing to cool. Found this in one of my favourite magazine's "Cooking light".
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (julienne cut)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts (drained and sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper (julienne cut)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- To prepare dressing, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add ginger; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and salt, bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- To prepare salad, cook peas in boiling water 30 seconds.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine peas and remaining ingredients except sesame seeds.
- Drizzle dressing over salad; toss well.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
One word: YUMMY!
I loved this recipe. I also find this is a wonderful dressing to serve on top of cooked salmon fillets. Yum Yum & Yum.
Heather, this was very tasty. I did omit the pepper flakes, because I can't handle the heat from them in anything. I also had to cut back a tiny bit on the garlic, as my husband was going to a meeting after dinner and I didn't want him to knock people over. LoL! Next time I'll use all of the amount called for. :)