Recipe by briosgaid
An easy way to use up strawberries (2 of those little green baskety thingies). Light and summery too. From the Diane Mott Davidson series about a caterer who solves murder mysteries. This one is from "The Main Corpse." I read them for the recipes! If you don't have sugar snap peas, snow peas or green beans work too.
Top Review by BonnieZ
I was expecting more of a tang from the mustard and raspberry vinegar, but this salad is delightfully light and crisp with the spring bounty of snap peas and strawberries. It was a perfect pairing with grilled fish. Thank you tofucheesecake for sharing the recipe.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 lb sugar snap pea, including pods, strings removed (about one cup)
- 1 lb ripe strawberry, thickly sliced (about 4 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl; whisk to combine.
- Steam sugar snap peas for about 30 seconds or until bright green and still crunchy Remove from heat and run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Toss sugar snap peas with strawberries and dressing (Dressing may have settled, feel free to give it another whisk before adding to salad).
- Serve immediately or chill for no more than an hour.
- Recipe may be doubled, tripled, etc.