Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Ladies Home Journal article on Katie Lee Joel (Billy Joel's wife). I am a radish lover and will try this delicious sounding summer salad.
- 3⁄4 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 2 cups radishes (half cut into quarters, remaining thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons chives, fresh, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- Bring medium pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch peas until just tender and bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool; drain well.
- In a large salad bowl, combine peas, radishes and chives.
- For Vinaigrette: In a small jar or container with a tight-fitting lid, shake together oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Toss salad with vinaigrette and serve.
I used snow peas from my garden in this dish. It was very simple and tasty. I liked the vinaigrette fine, but cut back on the salt and pepper by half just to play it safe. Served with Recipe#221594 for a very tasty and satisfying lunch. Thank you, SweetSueAl! [Made for Bargain Basement Tag]
As a person who does not like most salad dressings, this amount of vinegar was way too strong for me. If I try this vinaigrette again, I will definitely reduce that part. The peas came out nicely but without the dressing was too plain for my partner and ended up mixed into a green salad, although he likes sugar snap peas. This will take some tweaking for us.