Recipe by A la Carte
Something different to do with salmon, and really delicious! I think I got the idea for this recipe from Bon Appetit, and just changed a couple of the ingredients. If you don't like sour cream substitute heavy cream instead.
Top Review by Recipe Reader
This is excellent! I will definitely make this one again. It's quick, easy, and very tasty. The only change I made was to toss the green onions into the sauce to cook for a few minutes. Thanks for posting, it's a keeper!
- 680.38 g salmon fillets
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml ground coriander
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sugar with the salt, chili, and ground corriander.
- Cut the salmon into 1" "fingers", and roll it in the sugar mixture to coat all sides.
- Melt the butter over medium heat. When bubbly, add the salmon and cook until crusty on the outside and just cooked inside. (Only about 4 minutes per side).
- Transfer the salmon to a plate. Add the wine to the pan and reduce slighly, then add the sour cream. Boil until the sauce thickens enough to coat a spoon. Make sure to scrape up all the brown bits from the pan.
- Spoon the sauce over the salmon and sprinkle over the green onions.