A la Carte's Note:
Something different to do with salmon, and really delicious! I think I got the idea for this recipe from Bon Appetit, and just changed a couple of the ingredients. If you don't like sour cream substitute heavy cream instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the sugar with the salt, chili, and ground corriander.
- 2Cut the salmon into 1" "fingers", and roll it in the sugar mixture to coat all sides.
- 3Melt the butter over medium heat. When bubbly, add the salmon and cook until crusty on the outside and just cooked inside. (Only about 4 minutes per side).
- 4Transfer the salmon to a plate. Add the wine to the pan and reduce slighly, then add the sour cream. Boil until the sauce thickens enough to coat a spoon. Make sure to scrape up all the brown bits from the pan.
- 5Spoon the sauce over the salmon and sprinkle over the green onions.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Seared Salmon With Sour Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.2
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 124.3 mg
- Sodium 719.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 34.5 g