2 hrs 10 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
I just reviewed a Sugar Glazed Fried Green Tomato recipe on Zaar and it reminded me of a recipe I use constantly during the summer and it is not posted. My mother stated it was Swedish and my father stated it was German or Bavarian. Very simple and the marinating juice can be used in soups, stews or vegetable pies. Note: You can use raw sugar also. These tomatoes can be added to a simple lettuce salad and no dressing is necessary or served separately with juice drained.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray Pam or olive oil in pan.
- 2Slice tomatoes in 1/2 inch slices.
- 3Layer in glass or porclain 9 X 13 pan. Do not use metal.
- 4Sprinkle the sugar, salt, dill weed and then spray the vinegar on the first layer.
- 5Continue to layer the tomatoes and do the same process until all the tomatoes are in the pan.
- 6Cover with towel or plastic wrap. Let set or refrigerate for at least two hours.
- 7Drain the juices and use as suggested and serve.
- 8Note: A pinch of dill weed with your fingers goes a long way. That is how I sprinkle the dill weed.
- 9Cooking time is Marinating time for this recipe.
- 10If you want to sprinkle pepper you can.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar, Salt & Vinegar Red Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g