Recipe by tunasushi
A roll cake filled with buttercream and rolled in sugar. Note: You will need some buttercream to spread onto the roll
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehear oven to 200celsius. Line and grease a swiss roll pan.
- Beat egg whites first till foamy and gradually add in sugar. Whip till soft peaks form.
- Put all the yolks into the egg white mixture and beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. Fold in flour and vanilla.
- Make sure no trace of flour is left. Fold in oil very well till no longer visible.
- Pour onto tray and bake for 7-8 minutes, no longer.
- Invert onto a cake rack and let cool COMPLETELY. When thoroughly cool, place on a big sheet of parchment or wax paper and spread buttercream onto cake. With the aid of the paper, roll it up jelly roll style.
- Roll the top of the roll in the fine castor sugar. Chill for at least 30 mins to ensure it "sets".