Recipe by Judith N.
My favorite Christmas Goodie! Either for yourself or for gift-giving, these are the tastes around which special memories are built....
Top Review by Lacy S.
These are AWESOME! My grandmother used to make these every christmas and I have been looking for the recipe for awhile. Instead of orange-flavored liqueur I used 3 tbls. of orange juice and 1/2 tsp. of orange extract, so they would be kid friendly. I also added 1/4 cup of dried dates. I tried to roll them pretty small but I only came out with 16. Thank you so much for posting this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup dried fig
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop apricot, pecans, figs, raisins and coconut by hand or in a food processor.
- Add liquer; blend well.
- Shape into 1" balls by rolling between the palms of your hands.
- Roll each ball in sugar.
- Store in air-tight containers in the refrigerator between sheets of wax paper for up to 1 month.
- To package: Place several sugar plums in a doily cone.
- Arrange in a shallow basket and add a sprig of holly.
- Add pretty bows or ribbon.
- NOTE: I always double the recipe because I seem to roll the balls larger than 1" and do not yield 36 without doubling it and sometimes then I still do not get the full yield.