Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I received these at my 2005 Christmas Bake exchange. They add some bright colour to any holiday platter.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine coconut
- 1 (6 ounce) package red Jell-O, any flavour
- 1 (3 ounce) package red Jell-O, same flavour
- 1 (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- Mix graham crumbs, coconut, large package of jello (dry mix) and milk together really well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in remaining package of jello (dry mix).
- Reshape if necessary (You can shape them like strawberries if you want).
- Keep them in the fridge or freezer-they taste better cold.
I used to make these about 30 years ago and thought they were fun and different! Lost the recipe and forgot all about them. They are deliciously tangy and look so pretty! Thanks so much!
tested these out, they were pretty good. Will be making them using a variety of jello flavors for my Easter platter. Of course they will be egg shaped.
These are very easy to make and for an added flavor I stick one whole clove in the top of each sugar plum. This gives it a wonderful flavor. I try to make the day before so the clove taste has time to go through the sugar plum.