Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mom made these at Christmas. My bunch gobbles them up. Great for Christmas Pitch-Ins as an alternative to cookies. This recipe can make a bunch more than 2 dozen strawberries, it all depends on how big you make them. I'm able to get about 40 or so strawberries about as big as my thumb.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 (3 ounce) packages strawberry gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- red decorator sugar
- blanched almond, sliced
- green food coloring
- Combine gelatin, pecans, coconut, milk& vanilla, mix well.
- Shape into strawberries.
- Roll in red sugar.
- Tint almonds green, use for stems.