1 hr 22 mins
1 hr 10 mins
From Betty Crocker's "Bake Up A Story," posted by request. Prep time does not include chilling time. The recipe I had did not specify number of servings.
My Private Note
per rol ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover cookie sheets with foil or parchment paper.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Cut in the cold butter.
- 3Dissolve the yeast in the 1/4 cup warm water. Add the eggs, sour cream and flavoring. Cover and chill for 2 hours, but it can sit longer if necessary. The dough does not need to rise.
- 4Make colored sugar by mixing sugar with food coloring.
- 5Preheat the oven to 350.
- 6Sprinkle some of the colored sugar in whatever color you desire onto wax paper.
- 7Divide dough into thirds, and return the remainder to the refrigerator.
- 8Roll the dough out to a 10" x 8" rectangle, then fold the ends in to the center. Resugar the surface and roll out again to an 10x8 inch rectangle. Repeat the rolling and folding process 2 more times (a total of 3).
- 9Cut rolled out dough into 4" by 1/2" strips, then twist and shape as desired -- candy canes, rosettes, pretzels, rope twists, etc. Place the cookies on the prepared cookie sheets
- 10Bake immediately, 10 to 12 minutes. Watch carefully as the sugar has a tendency to burn the cookies. When done, remove from the sheets at once.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Plum Dreams Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1025 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.0
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 106.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g