1/4 Photos of Sugar Plum Cookies
These cookies are fast and simple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven 350.
- 2degrees F.
- 3Chop your sugared gumdrops into small pieces, I use scissors, or a sugared or floured paring knife. A little tedious job, but once its done, the recipe is a breeze.
- 4Mix butter and sugar and cream well with wooden spoon.
- 5(If using hand mixer do not over beat the butter and sugar, this will make the butter ooozz out while baking and end up with a buttery greasy cookie.).
- 6Stir in the flour and the chopped gumdrops.( A tip is to use 1/4 cup of the flour tossed into the chopped gumdrops, so that they stay seperate after cutting.).
- 7Shape dough into balls. This doesnt want to hold together well, so just squeeze each ball tightly to form.
- 8Place onto cookie sheet.
- 9Press a greased glass into the granulated sugar, and then press down on each cookie to 1/2 inch thick.
- 10Cut the small drops into pieces and press a few into each cookie.
- 11Bake 10 minutes, or until edges are light golden.
- 12Remove to wire rack.
- 13Cool completely.
- 14You will see that these are crumbly to make balls, You might even think that they won't hold up.
- 15But do not add any more butter.
- 16That is the reason that the last drops are pressed into place before baking.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Plum Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (911 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 40.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 0.7 g