Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from the Starweek Magazine. It is a recipe from the chef of a seafood restaurant in St. Catherines, Ontario.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 inch pie shell
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a pie plate with the pastry for the pie shell.
- Trim the edges and crimp edges with a fork (or pinch crimp).
- To make the filling, melt the butter in the saucepan on top of the stove over low heat.
- Blend in the flour and stir in the brown sugar until it dissolves.
- Remove from the stove and whip in milk by hand.
- Return the pot to the stove and cook on low heat, stirring until the mixture has thickened.
- Add the vanilla.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell and bake for 30-45 min or until set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.