Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
An adopted and very yummy recipe
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 unbaked pastry shell, large
- Mix sugars and cornstarch, add milk and cook a little.
- Add butter and egg yolks and bring to a good boil.
- Remove from heat, and add beaten egg whites, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees until firm and brown, about 30-35 minutes.