This is a basic recipe for making sweet pie crusts. A good base for apple, pumpkin, any sort of berry pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour and butter in mixer, mix for few seconds.
- 2Add sugar and salt and bring it to breadcrumb stage.
- 3Add the egg and cold water if needed.
- 4Take care not to overwet.
- 5Mix until it forms into a ball.
- 6Allow to rest in a cool place before using.
- 7Fill with whatever pie ingredients you're using.
- 8Bake in a 350° oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Pastry Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1891.7
- Calories from Fat 966
- Total Fat 107.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 1409.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 204.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 50.6 g
- Protein 28.0 g