1/1 Photo of Sugar Nut Twist
2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is an amalgam of a few different recipes in one, made to suit the use of a bread machine. It makes a breathtaking presentation, perfect for company. It took some trial and error to be sure this was baked through, so be sure to test it and make sure it isn't too doughy. This could also be made without the addition of the maple flavoring or syrup to suit personal preferences.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil (can use vegetable oil)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring (can use 2 tsp maple syrup)
- 1Place all dough ingredients in order recommended by your bread machine manufacturer. Select dough cycle and start machine.
- 2Combine the first five filling ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide into thirds.
- 3Roll one portion of the dough into a 12 inch circle. Transfer to a greased 12 inch pizza pan or a large greased cookie sheet (I line mine with parchment paper instead of greasing it. It's very easy to lift from the pan that way).
- 4Brush with a third of the butter; sprinkle with a third of the filling. Repeat twice with the remaining dough, butter, and filling, placing each circle of dough over the previous layer. Pinch outer edges to seal.
- 5Place a small glass in the center of the dough. With kitchen shears, cut from the outer edge to the glass to form 16 wedges. Remove the glass; twist each wedge three times.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 7Uncover dough. Bake at 375 F for 30-40 minutes until deep golden brown, checking frequently for doneness. Remove from pan to a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Nut Twist
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.5
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 192.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 4.8 g