1/1 Photo of Sugar 'n' Spice Pork Tenderloin from the James Beard House
12 hrs 30 mins
Chef Gruyère's Note:
I took this from Leite's Culinaria http://www.leitesculinaria.com/recipes/jbh/sugar_pork.html (It is a part of a recipe by Neal Langermann of Georgia Brown Washington, DC.) He also includes a gravy and a succotash with the tenderloin and you can find those with the link above. Cooking time here includes brining time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE BRINE
FOR THE TENDERLOIN
- 1To brine the pork, combine all of the ingredients for the brine in deep bowl. Trim the pork tenderloin of all silverskin and place in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- 2To finish the pork, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, star anise, Szechuan peppercorns, salt, and pepper in a spice or coffee grinder and process until ground to a powder.
- 3Preheat the own to 350°F (175°C).
- 4Remove the pork from the brine and pat dry.
- 5Coat the pork with the spice mixture, pressing it on to form an even crust.
- 6Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof pan and sear the pork on all sides. Place the pan in the oven and roast pork for about 20 minutes, or until the pork has reached the desired doneness.
- 7To serve, carve the pork into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar 'n' Spice Pork Tenderloin from the James Beard House
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.1
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 8230.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 35.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: