A lovely sugar cookie that is perfumed with mace and that I add vanilla sugar to. Perfect all year round. Yield depends on the size that you make the cookies.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, mace, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; blend into creamed mixture.
- Divide in half.
- Cover; chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On lightly floured surface, roll each half to 1/8-inch thickness, if dough is too soft to roll and cut nicely knead in more flour, a little at a time, until it's a good consistency. .
- Cut with cookie cutters.
- Sprinkle with vanilla sugar if using.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at for 7 to 8 minutes.