Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was given to me by a friend. Grill the steaks( or fillets) in a grill basket that has been coated with oil to prevent sticking. I served this with Terrific tomato salad Terrific Tomato Salad and a mix of wild , brown and white rice. It was superb.
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 salmon steaks, 1 inch thick
- Combine first four ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Place fish in a large shallow dish, and pour marinade over the top; cover and marinade for 15 mins in fridge, turning once.
- Grill, covered over med heat , 5 mins a side , basting frequently with the marinade.Salmon will be done when it flakes easily with a fork.