Recipe by Lainey6605
This recipe was created for RSC#10. It makes a great side dish. Edited 1/2/2008 to reduce the amount of oil and sugar and cooking time as suggested by a reviewer.
Top Review by Mommy Diva
This is a tasty recipe-the combination of flavors is great. It is also easy. I think the next time I make it I would just saute it all together (including the pecans) so they coat too - nice entry-good luck!! Might depend on how crunchy - cooked you like the carrots to remain - they may need to cook a bit longer for my taste. RSC#10.
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 large red onion, cut in chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
- In bowl roll the baby carrots and onion with olive oil.
- Coat with brown sugar and salt.
- Place carrots and onion on aluminum foil.
- Place on grill and cook for about 30 minutes (make sure to watch closely).
- You will want to turn carrots and onions so that they are evenly cooked.
- You will know the carrots and onions are done when the sugar is caramelized and the carrots are starting to look burnt.
- Sprinkle toasted pecans over carrots and onions before serving.