1/2 Photos of Sugar-Grilled Baby Carrots and Onions With Pecans
This recipe was created for RSC#10. It makes a great side dish. Edited 1/2/2008 to reduce the amount of oil and sugar and cooking time as suggested by a reviewer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
- 2In bowl roll the baby carrots and onion with olive oil.
- 3Coat with brown sugar and salt.
- 4Place carrots and onion on aluminum foil.
- 5Place on grill and cook for about 30 minutes (make sure to watch closely).
- 6You will want to turn carrots and onions so that they are evenly cooked.
- 7You will know the carrots and onions are done when the sugar is caramelized and the carrots are starting to look burnt.
- 8Sprinkle toasted pecans over carrots and onions before serving.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar-Grilled Baby Carrots and Onions With Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.8
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 527.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g