Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was created for RSC#10. It makes a great side dish. Edited 1/2/2008 to reduce the amount of oil and sugar and cooking time as suggested by a reviewer.
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 large red onion, cut in chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted chopped
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
- In bowl roll the baby carrots and onion with olive oil.
- Coat with brown sugar and salt.
- Place carrots and onion on aluminum foil.
- Place on grill and cook for about 30 minutes (make sure to watch closely).
- You will want to turn carrots and onions so that they are evenly cooked.
- You will know the carrots and onions are done when the sugar is caramelized and the carrots are starting to look burnt.
- Sprinkle toasted pecans over carrots and onions before serving.
This is a tasty recipe-the combination of flavors is great. It is also easy. I think the next time I make it I would just saute it all together (including the pecans) so they coat too - nice entry-good luck!! Might depend on how crunchy - cooked you like the carrots to remain - they may need to cook a bit longer for my taste. RSC#10.
I love sweet carrots, and these were very good. Simple to make and the pecans added a nice touch. 15 minutes was not long enough on my grill..my carrots werent browning yet but were tender and I think they would be better once they started to char. I might leave out the onion in this and just stick with the carrots..very good taste and super easy!
For us these were just ok. The lemon seemed out of place and we were divided on the nuts being good with it or not.