Recipe by hepcat1
A different spin on asparagus. Credit goes to Rory, the season 3 runner-up from the Food Network's "The Next Food Network Star". My little ones love their asparagus cooked this way!
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Delicious! What a great way to eat asparagus. The flavor was fantastic. I didn't even use the orange zest. I used an indoor grill pan and it worked just fine. I would suggest buying the bigger asparagus stalks so you don't burn these.
- 1 bunch asparagus, about 20 spears
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut the tough ends off asparagus, roll in oil and coat with sugar and salt. Place asparagus on the grill and cook for approximately 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how thick your asapragus is. Turn asparagus to ensure even cooking. You know the asparagus are done when sugar is caramelized and asparagus are starting to look burnt.
- Sprinkle orange zest over asparagus before serving.