Blue Ribbon Preserves
Make and share this Sugar Glazed Carrots recipe from Food.com.
- Clean and peel carrots.
- Cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Combine water and brown sugar.
- Put carrots in another pan and bring to a boil; cook for 10 minutes.
- With the brown sugar, simmer till sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add orange juice concentrate; reduce heat and keep hot.
- Using slotted spoon, drain carrots and pack into hot jars, leaving 1 inch head space.
- Ladle hot syrup into jars covering carrots and leaving 1 inch head space
- Remove any trapped air bubbles
- You may need to add more syrup.
- Process jars at 11 lbs pressure for 30 minutes.