Recipe by Dienia B.
Blue Ribbon Preserves
Top Review by Rita~
The ingredients states baby carrots then the directions state to cut the carrots into 2 inch pieces??? Thats about what baby carrots are! My finale amount was 2 quarts of jarred carrots and had plenty of syrup! Which I cut back on the sugar to 1 1/2 cups and still was plenty sweet. I added 3 quarter size slices of fresh ginger root to the syrup. These are very sweet & tender crisp! These will be fine in the fridge for up to 2 weeks without processing them. That is if they last that long!!!:). You will see they just disappear for some reason! ;)
- 7 lbs baby carrots
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and peel carrots.
- Cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Combine water and brown sugar.
- Put carrots in another pan and bring to a boil; cook for 10 minutes.
- With the brown sugar, simmer till sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add orange juice concentrate; reduce heat and keep hot.
- Using slotted spoon, drain carrots and pack into hot jars, leaving 1 inch head space.
- Ladle hot syrup into jars covering carrots and leaving 1 inch head space
- Remove any trapped air bubbles
- You may need to add more syrup.
- Process jars at 11 lbs pressure for 30 minutes.