Recipe by Miss Fannie
I found this recipe in a 1962 Domino Sugar cookbook titled Sugar Spoon Recipes. I love this glaze. I could take a bath in it.
- 2 cups domino granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup domino confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine granulated sugar, water and salt in 1-quart saucepan. Stir over heat until sugar dissolves.boil, without stirring to 230 degrees F or thread stage. Remove from heat.
- Blend butter, confectioner's sugar, and extract into syrup with whisk.stir until smooth and slightly thick. Keep glaze at right consistency by standing saucepan in a larger pan of simmering water.
- Brush or spoon glaze onto cakes, cookies, or breads. If mixture becomes.
- Dry and crusty, reheat slightly and stir a little water into the glaze.