Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I have been using this recipe all of my adult life. It's a sugar cookie that my HS friends from 30 years ago still say today "I remember the sugar cookies your Mom used to make. They're the best!" I like to add color to my sugar that is used to top the cookie. You can't eat just one!
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 lb margarine (I've never used butter)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups white flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Mix sugars, margarine, oil and egg.
- Stir in rest of ingredients.
- Roll in small walnut sized balls.
- Flatten with the bottom of a beverage glass that has been sprayed with vegetable oil and dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
- They will NOT be brown when finished. Do not over bake. Leave on cookie sheets for 5 minutes and then remove to cool.
ok gal this is a great recipe i love it for a sugar cookie or a decorated cookie recipe the kids has a blast making them into Christmas cookie and when u have 5 teenage boys u use anything u can to get there nose out of games..... i love this recipe and it made in mommy cook book very good place at my house
Delicate, light, perfect flavor. They look like they'll be too oily when you make them up, but don't worry. They're not. Just the right amount of sweetness.