Recipe by Carrie Richman
I have been using this recipe all of my adult life. It's a sugar cookie that my HS friends from 30 years ago still say today "I remember the sugar cookies your Mom used to make. They're the best!" I like to add color to my sugar that is used to top the cookie. You can't eat just one!
Top Review by ky mom
ok gal this is a great recipe i love it for a sugar cookie or a decorated cookie recipe the kids has a blast making them into Christmas cookie and when u have 5 teenage boys u use anything u can to get there nose out of games..... i love this recipe and it made in mommy cook book very good place at my house
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 lb margarine (I've never used butter)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups white flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugars, margarine, oil and egg.
- Stir in rest of ingredients.
- Roll in small walnut sized balls.
- Flatten with the bottom of a beverage glass that has been sprayed with vegetable oil and dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
- They will NOT be brown when finished. Do not over bake. Leave on cookie sheets for 5 minutes and then remove to cool.