Prep 28 mins
Cook 10 mins
I adopted this from another zaar recipe, however I omitted the sugar and switched to fat free soymilk to help with my nutrional needs.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana, smashed
- 1 cup non-fat soymilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, smash banana and whisk in soymilk and oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture, mixing until fully moistened but still a bit lumpy.
- Once combined, stir in frozen blueberries and the walnuts(you can also substitute almonds or pecans if you prefer).
- Spoon the muffin mixture into muffin tin, to about 2/3 full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.