Recipe by Sarah Chana
Another one from Binah Magazine. This one intrigues me because it is made without sugar and wheat, and, more important, without those sugar substitutes. Hoping to try it soon.
Top Review by Missmagill
I liked this! It was not very sweet at all. That is something I despise; sweetness. No one else in my family wanted to eat it except for me and my dog, however. So I'm sorry to say that if you are looking for an even mildly sweet dessert, look elsewhere.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mashed banana (or 1 jar banana baby food)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup mashed bananas or 1⁄4 cup banana baby food
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Crust: Toast all ingredients (except the butter) in a pan at 350F for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Process the mixture in a blender or food processor until finely chopped.
- Separate the mixture into two 8" pans. Add 3 tbl melter butter to each pan and mix well.
- Press into pan to form the crust.
- For the filling: Soften the cream cheese, and then whip with a beater until smooth.
- Add eggs, banana, vanilla, and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour cheese mixture into the crust lined pans, dividing equally.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes.
- For the topping: Stir together all the topping ingredients. Spread over baked cheese filling, dividing equally.
- Bake at 375F for another 20 minutes.