Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yes!! Sugar-Free and no "pretend" sweeteners, either.
- 1 (18 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- salt, to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine pineapple juice and tomato sauce.
- Gently stir over medium heat until hot.
- Stir vinegar into cornstarch. Add to pineapple mixture, stir until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in hot pepper sauce and salt(optional).
- Okay, you are done!
The flavor of the pineapple was too strong, and you could taste the cornstarch as well, which did not complement the tomato flavor at all! It was okay, however, to me, it didn't seem to come anywhere near sweet & sour sauce, more like Pineapple sauce with a twist.