Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Yes!! Sugar-Free and no "pretend" sweeteners, either.
Top Review by Thedeath458
The flavor of the pineapple was too strong, and you could taste the cornstarch as well, which did not complement the tomato flavor at all! It was okay, however, to me, it didn't seem to come anywhere near sweet & sour sauce, more like Pineapple sauce with a twist.
- 1 (18 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine pineapple juice and tomato sauce.
- Gently stir over medium heat until hot.
- Stir vinegar into cornstarch. Add to pineapple mixture, stir until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in hot pepper sauce and salt(optional).
- Okay, you are done!